Friday, March 2, 2012

Something's been weighing heavily on my mind...

Er, my body rather. The dreaded pregnancy pounds! Yes, I understand a healthy weight gain is important for the healthy development of the baby, but why does it have to be so difficult to lose weight after said healthy baby has arrived?? I don't agree with the whole "It took 9 months to gain, it'll take time to lose it". No thanks! Why can't your body magically appear back to normal once your precious little one arrives? I think there'd be a lot less instances of postpartum depression if that were the case. Just sayin...

I gained the 'recommended' 35 lbs during this pregnancy, and the Dr never bat an eye as the number continued to climb, he said everything was perfect. As the pounds were being packed on I was thinking of all the work I was gonna have to put in later. Bleh. But I digress...

Holy mackeral look at that belly!

Now that our sweet bundle has made his entrance I'm left with the uphill battle of getting rid of those lovely pounds the Dr thought were "just perfect!" and they aren't going away fast enough. So, I gained 35 lbs during the pregnancy but I started the pregnancy about 10 lbs heavier than I would have liked to be, which leaves me with 45 lbs I need to shed! Woah!! Ok, I can't believe I'm going to actually put this in writing but, here goes nothin'... When I started I was 135 lbs. At delivery I was 170 lbs. During the first week after delivery I lost 15 lbs. Woo hoo! But now, almost 6 weeks later, I've only lost another 7 lbs and most of that came off during the first 2 weeks, so as of now I'm 148 lbs. I count calories, only eating around 1200 per day, and I'm running on the treadmill 3-4 times per week for at least 30 minutes each time and it doesn't seem to be doing much. Since counting calories, 3 weeks ago, I have lost 1 maybe 2 lbs! Say what?! Why all this work if I'm not seeing results? At this point I'm at a loss (or lack there of) on what to do. Maybe I need to give it more time? Probably, but I'm sort of an impatient person...
I'm so sick of my maternity pants, and that they still fit, they should at least be baggy by now, right? Nope, not for me. I'm able to wear my normal shirts again which is nice, my main problem is my wider hips, legs and butt and I guess that will just go down in time. I was about the same weight when I delivered Hannah and 2.5 months later I was wearing my normal pants again, and by 6 months I was smaller than I had ever been before and was wearing a size 2-4 weighing 120 lbs! Oh, to be that size again. I have so many pairs of designer jeans sitting in a bin and on my closet shelves just waiting to be worn, they call my name. I swear, I hear them. Anyways, so I'm giving myself until baby is 2.5 months old and I better be in my normal pants again, or else! I don't know what I'll do if that doesn't happen, it just sounded like the right thing to say :) And then I hope to continue to lose so I can be at my goal weight sometime this year. To be continued. 23 lbs to go!





2 comments:

  1. I'm sure you look great, so close after delivering. I know you don't want to hear it but you will just have to give it more time. I credit a lot of my weight loss to being so busy and most of all breastfeeding. I too, started at 135 both times and gain about 35-40 lbs. It's just what my body does and I don't even eat like a pregnant person. I did P90X when Kylie was 9 months and that really helped me get down to 128lbs. A normal athletic weight for me is 140ish with muscle. I thought I was dying so small:) I've heard it's even harder to lose with every sub. pregnancy.I bet once you are busy back at work it will come off quickly, while caring for two kids at home as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GIRL!!! Do not beat yourself up!!! It will happen and it will happen over night. I remember with Cohen I would go a week without losing anything and then overnight drop 5 lbs. You are doing everything right but your bodys just wanting to hold on to those pounds. It will come off! I am hoping I bounce back quickly but it took me 4 months before to lose the 35 lbs and that was with nursing and just walking. It will be melting off in no time, especially with the 1200 cals and running. Sounds like your at a plateau!! I am sure you are looking AWESOME!!!!

    ReplyDelete