Sunday, February 26, 2012

Welcome to my Crib


Today was the first day Jacob napped in his crib.

Pretty much from the day we brought Hannah home I put her on a schedule, I knew that was the best thing for all of us to get in a good groove, and they say children do better on a schedule, so that's what we did. With Jacob I wanted to be a little more lax since I would only be home with him for a short time and if I felt like holding him during his nap then I was going to do that, I didn't want to be tied down to a strict schedule like I had been with Hannah. But at the same time I also knew I wanted to get Jacob used to his crib early on so it wasn't a strange environment for him all of a sudden when he's 6 months old and sleeping in there at night. (Because yes, he WILL be in our room until he is 6 months old, I couldn't imagine putting him all the way down the hallway any younger than that)

We are quickly realizing Jacob is not quite as easy of a baby as Hannah was. Is this because he isn't on a good schedule yet? Is he just more tempramental? Does his reflux make him fussy? Whatever the case may be we are trying to figure anything out to help these fussy times and would also like his midnight parties to be kept to a minimum. So, I've decided now is as good as time as any to start naps in his crib instead of having him always sleeping in his chair/swing during the day and maybe get him on some sort of schedule.

So today, I wrapped him in his cozy blanket and rocked him to sleep then put him in his crib all the way up in his room... but of course I turned his new video monitor on which allows me to view him at all times and I can even zoom in and see that he's breathing. Yes, I'm crazy and constantly think my baby is going to stop breathing at any moment so I like to be able to see that his chest is moving up and down :) and his nap was a success! He never has an issue sleeping during the day but I wasn't sure how it would go in his bed, and it didn't seem to phase him. He grunted and moved around like normal but had a good 2-3 hour nap and woke up ready to eat. I'd say it was a success. So unless I'm running errands or doing something with/for Hannah he'll be taking his naps in his crib. 

No comments:

Post a Comment