Monday, February 27, 2012

Sleep

It'd be nice to know what that is again... Jacob has been the worst sleeper at night these days. We noticed he normally has 1 bad night per week, well this week he had a couple. And last night he only went 3 hours in between feedings and then wanted to party for an hour or 2 after he ate! Um, I think he forgot he's 5 weeks old and not a newborn anymore. Maybe I should remind him that he can go 5-6 hours between feedings at night...

I went to bed at 10:30 pm, which was my first mistake I should have gone to sleep at 9:00 like he did. Anyways, then he was up at 12:30 am to eat, after feeding him and then hearing him again sometime in the 3 o'clock hour I think I started to wimper a bit. Seriously?! I had just put you back to bed, I barely got my eyes shut and you want to eat again!! I always try the pacifier for about 30 minutes before giving in and feeding him so I'm really up longer than I maybe need to be? But at that moment all I can think about is sleep and that maybe the binki will do the trick. When will I learn my little heffer is never happy with just a little sucking action?? After messing with the binki for awhile Nick got up and fed him. And he's telling me I need to go back to sleep, which is pretty impossible with a grunting, burping, farting infant in my ear, so my sweet hubs took him downstairs to get him to sleep. Then what felt like 3.5 seconds later he was waking up again and it was only about 6:20 am!!

I think I might expire early due to pure exhaustion! If you don't hear from me for awhile I either met an early demise or I'm off drooling in the corner in a catatonic state. Let's hope I get a little sleep so none of the before mentioned happens... 

1 comment:

  1. Oh Shelby, you are giving me a glimpse of my near future. I really am trying to sleep every chance I get cause I know it's about to end. The only problem is I have a 2 year old also who can't take care of himself! I wish I had a live in nanny to help!!

    Your doing great. I know they say it doesn't last forever but it sure feels that way!

    Stevie

    ReplyDelete