Saturday, February 20, 2010

Random Stuff

I've been kind of slacking as far as blogging goes... since starting my last semester of school (YAY!!!), I've been super busy and haven't had too much extra time. So, needless to say, not much else is going on in our lives. This is going to be a random post about goings on in our daily life...

With the weather getting better we are able to play outside more often, which has been so nice! We've got our patio outback, but the yard is still a work in progess so it's just a muddy mess back there. Hannah loves to go out, stand on the edge of the patio, and dig in the mud, but if you ask her if she wants to go play in it she says: "No, I don't want to get all dirty!"- that's my girl!! :)
We've also been going on lots of bike rides and walks around the neighborhood. It was so funny the other day, we asked if she wanted to go on a bike ride, and she responds with "No, I just want to RUN!". And so she did, she was thrilled to just run and get all her energy out, and that has been a daily activity when the sun is shining.
Another favorite activity at the moment is playing with water in a bowl in the sink. She is totally content getting a few spoons, ladels, bowls, and "a bakery" (aka: measuring container), and going nuts in the water. Her obsession with this particular activity is getting a little out of control, but it can be very nice when I'm cooking dinner and she's occupied right by me.


Hannah LOVES to help- with everything! She just wants to feel important and be a part of whatever is going on. So, when I bake something I'll pull a chair up to the counter and she becomes my little chef, for the most part she listens very good and is a good lil helper. Here, she was "helping" me bake a cake for Aunt Cathy's birthday! :)



Sometimes she such a weirdo! She HAD to dip her crackers in her cereal milk! Both, Nick and I kept telling her "no, we don't dip crackers in milk", then we figured what would it hurt, so we let her get her way, and she ate all her cackers after dipping them in her milk! What a goober!

A few weeks before Valentine's day I did my shopping. Nick had seen a particular shirt that he wanted but I had to order it cause they didn't have his size in the store. A few days later, the package came in the mail and Hannah saw me bring it inside and was all excited about a present. I explained it was a present for Daddy but we had to hide it until Valentine's day. Well, as soon as Nick walked in the door that night, Hannah runs to him and says: "Daddy, Daddy!! We got you a work shirt, but it'sa suprise so you have to close your eyes!!!" she shouted that a few more times until I had to translate because she was saying it so excitedly Nick had no clue what she was shouting!! So, Nick got his gift early. :) On Valentine's Day Hannah came downstairs to her little gift bag at her place at the table and was so so excited to see what she got.
The best gift ever was a Cinderella electric toothbrush!! She seriously wants to brush her teeth all the time, she even wanted to go to bed early one night just so she could brush her teeth right then! hahaha The dentist would be happy to hear that.

Another favorite Valentine's gift came from Great Grandpa and Grammy, they sent her a pink princess tent! We were on our way out the door to go for a walk when we saw the package on the doorstep. Once she saw it was for her she was over the walk and wanted to stay home and play in her tent! (Her smile is very forced- she didn't want to stop to pose for a picture when there was playing to be done!)
After naptime, I had a sugar cookie activity planned. She was so excited to get started but all she wanted to do was play in the flour while I cut out the cookies, then when it came time to decorate she couldn't stop licking the frosting! In the end, Nick and I finished decorating the cookies, then we went on one of our walks! It was a nice day spent as a family.
I'll try to update soon!







No comments:

Post a Comment